jeudi 26 novembre 2015

Cheap phone for WiFi to nexus 7

Carrier is Verizon. I have a droid maxx that is locked down tight. I have a nexus 7 with nav software and would like internet access on my boat. Hoping someone can recommend a cheap used phone (<$50) that is suitable to root and act as a WiFi access point. Verizon has recently locked out programs like foxfi, so my droid maxx is useless for WiFi serving unless I pay $$$//month.
I'm hoping I'll just have a cheap rooted phone and I just slip in my sim card to swap between the maxx and this cheap phone. The droid maxx usus a nano sim card, and I know it can adapt to micro and normal sim size easily. Was looking at the lg lucid 2, but not sure because there aren't a ton of ROMs for it.
I'm also concerned about ad hoc. Apparently some phones can serve in infrastructure mode and others only do adhoc. And the nexus 7 will need infrastructure. Any help is appreciated

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Cheap phone for WiFi to nexus 7

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire